Skip to content
- Barbie Millicent Roberts was officially born on 9 marches 1959, in the fictional town of wickets, Wisconsin, USA. Her fame is global but she’s smakk town girl.
- Over the years her siblings for sale have included: skipper, Stacie, Chelsea, Krispy, tutu and Todd. She is just one of seven kids
- Barbie digs younger men. Her longtime bf ken is two years younger than Barbie, debuting in toy stores in 1961.
- She has had more than 150 cares including paleontologist, nurse, astronaut, McDonald’s cashier, Desert storm medic, business executive, secretary, cat women and regrettably, rapper.
- Barbie was one of the first toys to have a marketing strategy based extensively on television advertising, which has been copied widely by other toys. It is estimated that over a billion Barbie dolls have been sold worldwide in over 150 countries, with Mattel claiming that three Barbie dolls are sold every second.
- Astronauts Barbie debuted in space in 1965 then returned in 1986 and 1994. She is been to space three times.
- Barbie has owned more than 40 pets including 21 dogs, 14 horses, three ponies, six cats, a parrot, a champion, a panda, a lion cub, a giraffe and a zebra.her hiuse is a zoo.
- She got friends in fashion industry. Gucci, Versace, Vera Wang, dolce and cabana and Givenchy have all contributed designs to Barbie wardrobe.
- Barbie has had more than ine billion outfits designed for her. Hee wordobe is house sized.
- Barbie doll sold every threeseconds. It is American plastic sweetheart.
- In 1959, the first Barbie doll sold for $3.00 (that would be the equivalent of $23.97 today).
- The standard range of Barbie dolls and related accessories are manufactured to approximately1/6 scale. It is also known asplay scale. The standard dolls are approximately 11½ inches tall.
- In 2013, inTaiwan, the first Barbie-themed restaurant called “Barbie Café” opened under the Senlac group.
- In April 2009, the launch of aTotally Tattoos Barbiewith a range of tattoos that could be applied to the doll, including a lower back tattoo, led to controversy. Mattel’s promotional material read “Customize the fashions and apply the fun temporary tattoos on you too”, but Ed Mayo, chief executive of Consumer Focus, argued that children might want to get tattooed themselves.