Microssover Access is a powerful DBMS developed by Microsoft. It is a component of Microsoft office. It is a relational database managements system (RDBMS) which is basically a powerful program used to manage a database, i.e., store, organize and analyze data stored in a database. A relational DBMS uses multiple tables and creates relationships between these tables.
Features of MIcrossover Access
- Acces provides data security features and maintains integrity that is useful to make your data more consistent and reliable.
- Acces provides the facility to create data forms so that the user can enter right information in the respective fields. It also reduces data entry errors.
- Queries in access help you to get the information on specific topic from the information stored in the database.
- Reports in access allow you to present the data in meaningful and summarized way.
- Acces provides facility to break large information into small parts, so that it is easy to access the information.
- Data redundancy means duplication of data is reduced. It also controls data inconsistency.
- It increases the efficiency, speed and flexibility in searching and accessing information.
- Access facilities sharing of data. Different users can use the same database to extract data according to their need.
OPENING MS-ACCESS 2010
Step 1: click on start button.
2: click on ALL Programs.
Step 3: click on Microsoft Office.
Step 4: select Microsoft acces 2010.
Microsoft access 2010 window appears
Creating a blank Database
When you open MS-Acces 2010, backstage view of file tab appears.
To create a blank database, follow this:
Step 1: click on Blank Database option under available templates.
2: Enter a name for the database.
Step 3: click on create.